purple

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Adventure's up and down

I debated whether to post this on the blog. Every adventure has it own ups and downs. All we hope is more up than down. I have read several blogs and some of them talked about the up and down and some of them only talked about the up, the positives which portray them having the perfect life. Nobody have the perfect life.

Yes, It is hard to be 663.4 miles away from families. Yes, the .4 counts. I am doing much better than I thought in Klamath Falls. I did make friends and they are all so nice but they don't know me like my friends back in Utah. I don't expect them to, it is just not the same. I am thankful for my new friends!

There were few other people who moved to Klamath Falls just like we did and they make friends and became close to some of the girls so fast. I wish I had that. I know I am not perfect, it is harder for me to make friends than others.

I feel sometimes being deaf does affect me with new friends. Sometimes I feel I am standing on the outside watching them talk to each other. I am trying my best to be involved but it doesn't always work out. Do I dare to ask them what they are talking about or just let it go? I am still getting to know the new friends that I don't know if I keep asking will annoy them or they are willing to repeat everything over and over.

It is hard in a large group of people because it is so much HARDER to follow and talking back and forth goes so fast that my deaf ear can't catch up. There is always something I am missing which I am fine most of the time because it is just part of life which took me a while to be okay with it but it would be so nice to be able to understand every single thing.

Some days, I do feel lonely. Josh work a lot of hours and Averie Jo and I only have so much time with him. He does come home for lunch which I love but sometimes we miss each other because I am walking with Averie Jo and Diesel or showering and I don't get full maximum time with him which does upset me.  It may sounds silly to you that I get upset not getting the maximum time but I always work around Josh's schedule so we can see him. I talk to Averie Jo all day long but she can't talk back yet.

Please know I am not singling out anybody. It is what I feel sometimes. Luckily I don't have a lot of down days. I do try to keep myself busy. I love to work on crafting projects.


Venting is over. :)


P.S. Random thought...There should be a rule or a law that a deaf person should never have to call the insurance company ever! I am going to get a big fat bruise on my head for smacking on the table over and over. I hate dealing with the insurance. They are stupid and can't give me a straight answer. I talk to a different person every time I call and I never know if I am going to be able to understand the person clearly. I have to start all over again each time which doesn't get me anywhere.

Okay..venting is really over. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment