purple

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pictures, pictures and more pictures!

For a while I have been wanting to create a "Richardson" picture and they can expensive! So I want to do it cheap and make it with my hands. I found this idea from guess what? Pinterest!  I found the woods on the side of the house. It was a shelf that were left behind by the previous renter. I took them off and put it together. Of course, Josh help me with put the woods together. I got the picture frames from the dollar store. I thought my maiden last name was long but no! Richardson is long! I painted the frame with leftover paint I had. Josh and I looked through the letter on a website where you can get it for free! We picked them out and print it. I put it in the frame and hot glue the frames on the wood. The whole thing cost me about 25 bucks, I love cheap! The smaller your last name, the cheaper! :)
 
 
 
 
There is a blank wall at the entry of the house and I really like the different style picture frame. They are 38 dollars PER picture. I am NOT going to spend that kind of money. So, of course, Pinterest had a idea for me. We got a bunch thin wood from Home Depot. I went on Poppy Tree website and copy their picture frame. I cropped them and blew them up and print them. I traced them on the wood. Two of them are free drawing.
Josh helped me and hold the wood while I cut them all. I cut 11 picture frames. It took forever to cut them all! It probably took about 2 hours. My back and hands were happy to be done. I sanded them and spray paint it.  The two extra red picture frames are going in the hallway with  "R" picture.
 
 
 
 
 








 Ta Da! I figured out it only cost me $4.06 per picture!
 
I made this "R" with toilet paper roll. :) I cut them real thin, roll them  and spray paint them. I super glue them on the fabric. I got the picture frame from Goodwill and fabric from Joann. The whole thing cost me about 5 bucks!
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment