purple

Friday, January 3, 2014

Duke!

I was so excited and impatiently waiting for December to come because one of my best friends was coming in town for a week and then my in-laws during the week of Christmas! I was excited to have company.

Duke is Joey's nickname. He called me Queen well because I am the "Queen"! We have been friends since we were five years old. He is one of my oldest friend ever!

When you fly in Klamath Falls, you either come super late or super early. His flight came in at 11:30 pm. I had to wait ALL DAY LONG for to come! I worked on pain in the butt stockings for Christmas and finally finished it. 

He was able to stay for a week. I showed Joey around town the first day and course it didn't take long. Klamath Falls is a small town! Josh had Friday off so we went to Crater Lake. I was surprised that it was still open. I thought for sure it will be closed but I am glad it wasn't.  It was my third time going to Crater Lake this year. Each time I went, it was so different due to the weather.

Averie Jo love Uncle Duke! She warmed up to him fairly quick and she even said Joey few times! Well..it was more like Oey! We tried to get her to say it more and she refused! She just laughed at us. She is one stubborn girl!

Joey got to be there with us when Averie Jo play in the snow for the first time! Averie Jo love it and just want to eat the snow. We make sure she didn't eat yellow snow! 



Averie Jo love Uncle Joey


I just want to eat the snow!


Daddy helped Averie Jo make snow angel.



We played games and "our" game which is Phase Ten. We play that games a lot growing up. I take any advantage play any games because Josh is a party pooper and doesn't like to play games with me when it is just the two of us because I am THAT good playing games. Josh still think I somehow cheat. I just had lots of experience growing up than Josh.

We stay up late pretty much every single night talking and catching up. He helped me make 3D snowflake and popsicle stick trees.





Joey was my model for few hours one afternoon so I got a chance to play with my camera. It was lots of fun! The picture will be on another post. It takes FOREVER to upload the pictures on the blog.  The week went by so fast and it was time to take him to the airport at 4 in the morning! It turn out his flight was canceled because his plane never got there last night due to the weather! So we were able to get an extra day with Joey!










Yes, he isn't wearing a shirt-brr!

Crater Lake had lots of snow!

  We also went "Bowling with Santa" but really what we did is take picture with Santa and went bowling. We played one game and it was one game too many with Averie Jo! Averie Jo didn't cry this time because she was busy trying to eat the candy cane she got from Santa Claus! As we were getting ready to start bowling, I went over few lanes to borrow the thing for Averie to push the bowling ball down to the lane. As I went over, Averie Jo decided to run down the lane and Joey ran after her and grab her. As he grab Averie Jo, he fell down and smack his head pretty darn good. I felt horrible! Joey had a headache for a while. 








It was so much fun with Joey! We had a blast! 


1 comment:

  1. I loved being up there with you i had the best vacation ever while there.. and i had so much fun regardless of the headache and cold i got while there being with you, josh, Averie, and Diesel was just pure fun.. and that guy at Crater Lake that was shirtless.. YUMMY!!! haha

    ReplyDelete