purple

Friday, April 12, 2013

Klamath Falls

Before I moved to Klamath Falls, OR. Several people I talked to said Klamath Falls is like Park City and it is a beautiful town. Well, it is nothing like Park City. It is a small old town. It is a rual area. It remind me of old Tooele with Bozeman style. It is mostly two lanes road.
 
We live in the south west of Klamath Falls. There is a lot of old barns which is cool looking. Klamath Falls have a old downtown which is about 10 minutes away where the courthouse and library is at. Josh and I drove around town and we passed the hospital and didn't even know it was the hospital..hahaha It is small but hey at least there is a hospital in town.
 
If you want to go to a big town which is Medford. It is about a hour and half drive. I felt like I was taking the back way to town with LOTS of trees. It remind me a lot like Bozeman. I was thinking Medford would be like a small Salt Lake but nope! It has Target, Kohls and Macy. That is the mall. They also have Olive Garden which there isn't one in Klamath Falls. Medford has few more stores than Klamath Falls.
 
I am just used to living in an area where everything is at a reasonable distance. We have Applebees, Denny's and Wingers resturants in town. :)  Josh and I switched banks. I only have been in the bank twice and they already know my name! It was like Whoa...you remember my name? That is creepy! It is going to take me a while to get used to it. Everybody in town is super friendly.
 
I just learned something new about Klamath Falls tonight. At night, we leave our porch light on and Josh noticed that nobody else in the neighborhood leave their porch light on. Josh asked his co-workers  and none of them don't have their porch light on either. They said if you leave it on, it is saying hey....drug dealers we are open for business! That is scary! We are leaving our porch light off tonight.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment