purple

Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday

Today, Averie is being a "turd head" as my father called her. Yes, I know he is mean and I told him don't call her that! She is a princess, not a turd head, then he called her a "princess turd head". Go figure! Averie got up at 8:30 which is considering little early after sleeping in until 9 or 9:30 for the past week or so. I am not complaining. I am glad she is taking after her Dad who can sleep until noon every day if he could. Normally, I would be up around 8ish, jump in the shower and get ready before Averie gets up. I like to take a shower before Averie gets up.
 I am still not quite comfortable taking a shower while she is awake because I don't know what she is doing to do in the bedroom while I'm taking a shower. One time Averie got the toilet paper, ate some and puked it up(super scary for mommy!) I can't hear her while I am in the shower. I peeked out of the shower every so often. I was just getting used to taking a shower at the old house and would be totally fine with Averie in the bedroom and bathroom. She would play with her toys or my scale. She loves to push on it. But now, we are in the new house, she is still exploring everything. If she is awake, I remove the toilet paper from the holder and put it on the bathroom counter. Remove all the cords from the floor or accessible for Averie. Move my laundry basket to the door frame to block Averie to go into my closet because she like to suck on our shoes..gross I know.
Now...the new thing for Averie is the shower curtain! She want to suck on it. It is hard for me to remove from her hands/mouth and tell her no while I am showering. I can't "lift" up the shower curtain for Averie to not get it. It wouldn't surprised me one day if she get in the shower with me.
Averie normally go down for a nap after her second feeding for the day but today she only slept for 30-40 minutes! Josh came home for lunch and we realized Averie is awake. Sometimes she will wake up and play around in her crib or chew on her crib. Yes, there are teeth marks on the crib...turd head!
I was skyping my parents and Averie started getting fussy and crying. I figured she was tired. I fed her and she finally went down for a minute. She woke up crying and moving around in the crib. She went back down and she sleep in the weirdest position. She tucked in her legs and holding on the post in the corner of the crib. Go Figure!
 
I am going to go play with Diesel as he is making his noise for me to come and play with him. I was planning on taking Averie and Diesel for a walk but that didn't work out because of turd head. I figured out how to make Diesel not pull so hard when we go for a walk. My only regret about this that I didn't figured this out earlier when I was home with Averie on my maternity leave. We would have take a lot more walks. I love to go for a walk.
Tonight we are having Cafe Rio Quesadillas for dinner. Well...we were going to have this for dinner yesterday for Josh's birthday but we were so full from lunch by the time we got home. We ended up eating the rest of the carrot cake. :) Happy Monday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment