purple

Sunday, April 7, 2013

The BIG Move!

Josh left on March 2nd for work in Klamath Falls and I stayed in Utah until March 30 to sell the house, pack up and wait for Josh to find a house up here in Klamath Falls. It was a loooooonnnngggg month. I am thankful for technology so we were able to text and Skype. I don't get how the military wives do this. I give the military wives way more credit now after having a TINY taste what it is like. It is hard. They don't have the opportunity to talk to their husband everyday or see them for a year. I told Josh that he is not allowed to join the military.

When Josh left, we didn't know it was going to be a month long. I was hoping to come up here just in few weeks but it didn't work out that way. Josh found the house the first week he got here but it wasn't going to be available until April 1. Josh talked to the renter guy and asked him if we can get into the house one extra early which was fine with him. Also my dad works four days on and four days off with two sets of days and night shift/ For example: He works 4 days, 4 days off, works 4 days, 4 days off, works 4 nights, 4 days off, works 4 nights and back to day shift. We work around his schedule and we didn't want to do after his night shift so the first opportunity we could do it was the end of March. Also Josh's mom had the first week of April off.

Josh flew back to Utah on March 29 to help us move. He landed in Utah just after 7pm and we went to my friend's house to sign the closing paper on the house(yay!) and left Utah the next day. It took us two days to get to Klamath Falls. We decided it was best to do that with a baby and a dog. Averie did much better than I thought she did. She did fuss a little bit but she slept most of the time. Diesel did what I thought he would do....Thank you Debbie and Steve for taking Diesel in the truck. I even brought the calming pills for Diesel and I don't think it even works! We should have doubled the doses!

We went to Winnemucca on the first day which is the half way point and got to Klamath Falls on the second day( I will post another post of what I think of Klamath Falls soon). While we were driving, it was weird to see our entire life in one big U-Haul truck. It was almost scary to think about it!  We showed up to the house and...the people who were moving out were still there! :( They needed an another hour or two to finish moving out. So, we went to have lunch at the Black Bear diner and went back to the house which they were done. Yay! 

We unloaded the truck pretty fast and just started moving stuff where they belong at. Josh was able to take Monday and Tuesday off to help unpack. My mom and I painted Averie's room on Monday and Tuesday to cover the ugly green and black! Now, it looks so much better with purple and gray. I was amazed how much we were able to get done in one week. I was up early and stay up late all week long by Friday I was so tired! I also made Averie's foods too in between everything. I barely had enough food for a few days when we moved up here. She is trying butternut squash which she isn't sure of it at the moment. She will be trying apple, pear, cauliflower and carrot soon. I am now feeding her three times a day instead of two.

My dad had to go back to Utah on Monday because of work. Josh's parents stayed until Friday and my mom stayed until Saturday. I am really grateful for them to come and helped us move. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

I will post pictures of the house soon.

P.S. Thank you again for those who helped us packed/moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment