purple

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Roku

When Josh and I found out we were moving to Klamath Falls, we talked about canceling cable. As most of you know, I always had cable my whole life and watched a TON of shows. Whoever created DVR is a genius! I wasn't sure if I could live without cable. Since I am a stay home mom, I didn't want to watch TV all day long either. We decided to put cable on a hold and try it for a month. We are using Hulu Plus and Netflix on my laptop thanks to our friend Joey. We hooked my laptop to the TV and watch it on the TV which works great but the closed caption is so freaking tiny and I am going blind again! :( Josh doesn't believe me that having a baby can change my eyesight.  I always need to sit close to the TV so I can see the caption. Josh and I looked into Wii and Xbox in order to make it easy and not always to use my laptop. We researched and found about Roku. Roku is a wi-fi thing that stream Hulu and Netflix. We went and got Roku. Roku is my new best friend at the house. The closed caption is a normal size! Yay for me! To my surprise, I don't miss cable and would be fine with canceling cable. It is weird to hear myself say that but it is true. The bonus is we save money every month not spending on cable!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment