purple

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cheapie

Josh and I always try to save money very month. It has been a little challenge going from two income to one when we move to Klamath Falls. I try to find things or make things to be cheaper. It is a part of the adventure!

Where did I find the idea? Pinterest! I made homemade laundry soap. I was little nervous about making laundry soap, I didn't want to use crappy soap to wash our clothes. The batch was huge! It made 10 gallons! Would I change anything? I wish I could find essential oils in KF. They are nowhere to be found. It smells good without essential oils. I save my milk cartons, wash them and use it to stored them in. It was easy to save them because hubby drink 4 gallons a week.  I save the old laundry container/bottle and pour a gallon of laundry soap. It make it much easier to use it. I use 1/4 cup for a load. I made this shortly after we moved here and as you can see, I have used two gallons. This batch will last for a long time!



I made homemade baby wipes. It was so cheap! If you have a kid, you already have all the ingredients. The only thing I needed was a container to put the wipes in. All you need is paper towel, water, baby soap and baby oil. Pinterest said to use the more expensive paper towel so I did. The other day, I ran out of wipes and all I had was the cheap paper towel so I use it. Guess what? I like the cheap paper towel better than the more expensive one! It was thicker. Go figure! I still buy the store baby wipes for traveling. I am still looking for the small plastic case for baby wipes and I could put the homemade baby wipes in it. It is more difficult than I thought to find the case. My only regret with this, not doing this sooner!

Josh and I love burrito and chicken nuggets. I don't know if we should be embarrassed about it or not. We eat them like A LOT! I decided to try make homemade burrito and chicken nuggets.  We used two pounds of hamburger meat, refried beans, pinto beans, spanish rice and of course cheese! We used two whole packet of tortilla. There is 18-20 per packet I think... Anyway we figured it was much cheaper than buying store burrito. As we were making this, I realized I forgot to buy big baggies to store them in, we end up using our biggest tupperware we have. It was really good, I wouldn't change anything.



The next day after we made homemade burrito, we made chicken nuggets. I bought a big package of chicken and cut them up. We dipped them in olive oil and roll them in parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumb mix. It is good but next time, we will dip them in milk instead of olive oil.



Few weeks ago, I decided to make homemade coffee creamer for fun. I found a website. http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2013/03/homemade-coffee-creamer-over-20-flavor-varieties/


It has a basic recipe for coffee creamer along to what flavor you want. 
  • 14oz sweetened condensed milk

  • 1 3/4 cup milk or cream


  • I like French vanilla creamer and all I need along with the basic recipe is 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. I didn't have vanilla extract but I had imitation vanilla so I tried it with that. It was good but I think it would taste better if I actually got vanilla extract.

    I also use my Harmon bags to get five cents off per bag I use. Most of the time, I remember to take it to the store. I go shopping at Fred Meyer. I like Fred Meyer because every dollar you spent there, you get a point. The more points you have, the more cents you have off for gas. I use coupon from Fred Meyer, you can put it on the Fred Meyer card which make it nice! Once a while, my mom send me coupon with stuff she sent me, I use them too.
     
    What do you guys do that help you save money here and there?
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment