purple

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Crafty-my area!

Lately, I have been in a crafty mode which is mainly the reason why I am behind on the blog. Umm..should I do a craft project or post on the blog? Craft project! :D
 
I was working on wreath for R.S. which was really fun for me. I had to make four wreaths. Coffee filter, Toilet Paper Roll, Fabric and Napkin wreaths. Of course, all the ideas came from Pinterest. I wouldn't know what I wouldn't do without Pinterest. I heart Pinterest! I can do craft project but I am terrible coming up with idea. Someone have to come up with idea. That is so not my area.   
 
 
I am planning on making this on a wreath. I tried to make a flower out of crepe paper. It looks like a dead flower instead of a pretty one. I am still working on it. Are you wondering what color am I doing? Purple! duh..of course! :D
  crepe paper flower wreath
 
  For the hallway.. I made a letter R out of toilet paper roll. I got a picture frame from Goodwill. I am planning on getting a cute fabric to go behind the R and put it in the hallway with picture on the side.
 
 
 
 
I made another wreath out of toilet paper roll. I know I seem to be on a toilet paper roll kick. :D My finger and thumb were sore rolling the toilet paper roll into rosebush.
 
 This was HALF of the rosebush for the wreath. Lots, lots and lots of toilet paper roll!
 
 
I love it! Now..I need hooks for my wall to hang up/stored the other wreaths in the office.
 
People! I need your input! I do ask my hubby for his input but well....they are not very helpful..He would say "Oh do whatever you want or they are both cool." I need help deciding what to do on my blank walle2.
 
I am thinking about doing this for my bathroom wall. Yay or nay?
 
Toilet paper rolls
 
I am thinking about making Richardson frame above my TV. Using dollar tree small picture frame, free letter picture and get piece of wood from home depot. Yay or nay?
Free photo letters. There are literally hundreds of each letter. You simply download for FREE and print from your own printer.
 
 
I am thinking about doing 4 of this next to my big picture below. Yay or nay? If Yay..should I do all over the same style or 2 same one or all different? Also we got family pictures done so another possible is to cover the big picture(tree/forest one) with a family picture. Yay or Nay?
 
 
toilet paper roll crafts
 
 
 
I have this lovely blank wall. I am trying to decide what to do! Of course, I go on Pinterest but there are only a zillion ideas.  Here is some I found. What do you think?
 
 
 I can move this picture or cover it up with something.
 
 
 
 
Fabric scraps + cork
I know getting the frame can be expensive but I read somewhere on pinterest that someone got thin wood(I just can't remember the name at the moment) and cut the frame out of it and paint it. I would definitely need to borrow a wood cutter thing or pay the store to cut it for me. Yay or nay?
Buy the wood plaques at hobby lobby for $1, paint and mod podge the pic onto them.
 
 
I know I did this for Averie Jo's room but I wouldn't do the same color, possibly use book page or would it be too much? Yay or nay?
Oh my yes.
Should I use a mirror and put pictures around it? Yay or nay?
diy-love it!
I am thinking putting pillow on my living room couch and chairs.. Yay or nay? I read of course on pinterest to get king size pillow and cut it in half instead of buying regular pillow.  What color?
 
Easy, no-sew (awesome!), and cute home decor
I have two big windows in the living room, I am a happy girl that I can finally open up the blinds. All summer long, I kept them close because they would let in so much heat in the house which isn't good for a house with only one window A/C.  Now... should I put curtains up or not? I read somewhere on pinterest to use cute pattern tablecloth as curtain. Cheaper and it is already hem. Yay or nay?
 
 
Please put in your input. If you have any other idea that I don't have...please tell me!
 
 
At last..I want to do a quilt! Why do I want to do one? I don't know, I just do. I am still on the chevron kick still from Averie Jo's birthday party.  I don't want to just blow money on doing a quilt. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to do this. I am going to do a small quilt that way I can decide if I want to do a bigger one or only smack my head few time just to finish a small quilt. I ended up got a bunch small fabric from my grandma. So, I am leading toward to the last picture of the quilt. If you guys have any scrap fabric leftover...feel free to send them my way. I would be happy to take them off of your hands. I am not sure if I have enough.
 
Chevron Quilt Tutorial...very easy and clever...from The Little Fabric Blog.Easy Chevron quilt-NO TRIANGLES yahoooo!Molly Flanders: A Modified Y-Seam
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment