purple

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Trip to Utah

Josh, Averie Jo and I went to Utah for a vacation. Josh was only able to stay for a week and went back to work. Averie Jo and I had the opportunity to stay for three and half weeks! It was so much fun and it went by soooooooo fast!

We left Friday afternoon and got to my parents house at 2am. I didn't sleep well the first night because I was so excited to be there! Josh and I took advantage of families while we were there so they watch Averie Jo so we can have a couple dates which we went saw a couple movies. We had a bunch of movie gift cards we got for Christmas and we can't use it in Klamath Falls. We saw Now you see me, The Heat and 2Guns. All the movies were good. The Heat movie was so funny!

Of course, we had to have Café Rio while we were there. I miss Café Rio sooo much! I just love love love the pork salad! I had Café Rio at least once a week and twice in the last week I was there. They need to build a Café Rio in Klamath Falls, trust me they will be banking money here!

We had Averie Jo's birthday party on her actual birthday! It was so much fun and busy. Thanks to Sarah for taking pictures for me. The theme was yellow and purple chevron. Averie Jo got lots of presents and pretty much ate her whole cake! It was a success! I can't believe my baby is one year old!

The first weekend we were there was my side of family's reunion/grandma's birthday. We went to the zoo, had dinner at the cabin and had a birthday party for grandma. It was so good to see everybody.

We had a really busy first week, we crammed everything we can in the first week. Averie Jo wasn't getting her usual two naps a day. Some days, it was barely one and sometimes no nap! She was pooped, she didn't want to do anything but sit in my lap. She was a Mama's girl. Also she didn't want to eat which is very unusual for her because she LOVES to eat. I just figured it was the tiredness. After a couple days of her being like this, something is up. I didn't know what. I believe on the 4 or 5 days, a rash show up. I called the pediatrician and talked to her. She said it sounds like Roseola and told me to have her take to the old pediatrician office if she still have it the next day which she did. I took her to the office and they confirmed that she have Roseola and she is already done with the hard part and just let it ride it out. There wasn't anything else I can do for her. A couple days later, Averie Jo was back to herself, running around and screaming. Screaming is one of her favorite thing to do.
 
Averie Jo and I took every advantage to see everybody. One day, we went visit my old work, hang out with friends and families celebration few birthdays, and even had a opportunity to babysit Simon. He is a cutie!  Also I had a craft day with my cousin Kris. I helped her finish the toilet paper flower picture. When I got there, she told me don't tell me that she need to make more petals, she is going to cry. I didn't want to say yes, you do but I did.
 
We tried to spend as much time with cousin Eli, we hung out in the backyard, play with the wagon with the hose, swim, play on the playground, going down the slide and went to splash pad. Eli is just a cutie, we just love him! I love his face expression, his wave and dance moves. I tried to take a picture of his face expression but I couldn't, I wasn't fast enough to get the camera out and take it. On our last night there, Averie Jo and Eli had a bath together.
 
Josh and I don't have cable anymore but my parents do. My mom and I have been watching Honey Boo Boo. It is sooo funny and they are not a normal family! We also had a chance to play cards. Josh isn't a fan to play with me because I am so good at winning the game! :D I like to play 3 to 13 game and I played with my mom. I won the first and second games. My mom won the third game and she said she was done and going to leave at that!
 
Averie Jo wasn't shy giving everybody kisses. It is so cute to watch her give kisses to people.  Grandma McCleery taught Averie Jo how to say "hissssssss"  for what the snake say. Averie Jo will say it but not very often. She now can say dada and mama but too often.
 
It is weird to think I am on vacation in Utah. I never thought that will ever happened. Also it is little strange to sleep in my old room. Josh and I slept on my full size bed. It was very snuggly with Josh. We are glad to be back in our king size bed.

My mom got me a buddy pass to fly home(Thanks Jill!) and it was a workout for me. It was during Averie's nap time but I didn't think she would take a nap on the plane. Did she? of course, she didn't! There was too much going on that she just want to look at everything. Luckily Averie Jo and I had a row to ourselves so Averie was able to get up and down during the ride. Jill told me to make sure Averie is sucking on something while we take off because of the pressure changes in our ear. So, the plane started moving, I gave Averie her cup to drink and she drank the whole thing BEFORE we even took off! There was a couple behind us were very sweet and play peek-a-boo with Averie. Averie did cry/scream here and there for a second but I said it was a successful ride for me. I was tired when we landed.

 
It was wonderful to see everybody and it was much needed vacation for us. We are not sure when we will be back in Utah but hopefully sooner than we hope so.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We went to the aquarium with Josh's family
Zoo
 
 
 
 
 
 
We visited the petting zoo at the fair
 
 
 
 
 
 
Family picture
 
Misc. pictures
Splash pad
Craft afternoon with Kris
Babysat Simon
 
Averie Jo is NEVER snuggling like this. She didn't feel well at all.
 
Bath time!
We went and visit Grandma Richardson at her work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment