purple

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Running- Am I more crazy than I thought?

 For the longest time-running and me did not go together well at all. If fact, I am the one who say no to running but I would be happy to meet you at the end of your run with ice cream :D I would rather choose to go biking, swimming over running!

A friend of mine talked me into to go running at the crack of dawn before our hubbies goes to work. How did she convinced me? I have no idea but somehow she did. We went few times before I went to Utah. She told me that I was a natural and I laughed! I said yeah right! While I was in Utah, I ran a few times with my sister-in-law Michaela. I was doing better than I thought. Michaela told me a app called MapMyRun. I love it! I use it all the time!

At the end of August, a friend of mine talked about doing a Monster Dash which happened to be on my birthday-lucky me. I was thinking what the heck? I should do it. I was planning on doing a 5k. It seems like a good goal. I started running more. I didn't so much like going at crack of dawn. I wouldn't mind doing that every once a while but not a couple days a week. I got my jogging stroller out, put Averie in it and Diesel's leash on my left wrist. It took me about a week or so to figure out how to go running with them. At the beginning of the run, Diesel just want to take off hard. I always have to resist him and hold him tight until he burn off some energy and finally go with my pace.
After a couple weeks, I did my very first 5k around my neighborhood and I was excited! I was like I can do this! So I decided to change my goal at the Monster Dash 10k.(Am I more crazy or nuts than I thought I was?) I had a old pair of running shoes that I had for years. I decided I need a new one. I asked few friends about it and decided to get this!

Saucony  Women's Kinvara 4

Is it pretty? I love love the purple! I couldn't resist this color! The shoes are so light. I also learned how expensive running shoes are! I had no idea how much they cost. My longest run is 3.77 miles. I asked a friend of mine about running program she use to train herself. I like it a lot and helps me to maintain my training. Am I fast or slow in running? I have no idea. Some days, I felt like I was speed light and some days I felt like a dog after a half a block. I am still figuring how what is best for me, how fast to go, etc. My best run was 3.1 miles in 28 minutes which is 9:07 minutes per mile- I felt I was going to die at the end of the run and was a half a second away to walk to rest of the way. I really had to push myself. I was thinking how can I do a 10k when I can barely do a 5k?  Few days later I ran 3.77 miles in 39 minutes which is 10:27 minutes per mile. I felt so much better this run than the last one. I just got to pace myself and don't kill myself. Few days later with my brand new running shoes, I even did it better! 3.72 miles in 36 minutes which is 9:46 minutes per mile. You can say the new running shoes helps me :D Woo hoo!
Josh goes running with us(Averie Jo and Diesel) on his days off. Lets just say he like to cheat and cut corner. :) One time I told him that I want to go running without Averie and Diesel to see what it is like so he got both of them while we ran. He said that didn't go well at all. heehee
The race is in 5 weeks. The weather is getting colder and colder :( I am tempted to get myself a treadmill that fold up so I can keep running. It would work best for me to run at the house instead of at the gym because of Averie Jo.
 
 
 
if you want to go running with me, be prepared to walk #funny #ecards #exercise #fitness
If I ever had to run for my life, I would probably die. | Confession Ecard | someecards.com ($23) found on Polyvore
Best Fitness ECards Ever!
A friend of mine, Jessica sent me this. :D I felt the same way until I took up running.
motivation for running but sub the margaritas with Starbucks iced coffee:)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so so excited to see you joined the club of Mommy runners. If you run everyday with Avery and your dog when you run in a race without pushing a stroller and a dog it will be so much easier. I could talk (type) your ear off about running. Another great app is called Nike Run. I think you may even like it better than Map my run. Shoes make ALL the difference. Good luck in your 10k up next a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Feel free to pass along info about running! I'm still learning about it. I just download the app and will try it out tomorrow!

      Delete